4.08.2013

the shackles of facebook

About 4 or 5 months ago I really got a good grasp on what I am and am not capable of doing while living with fibromyalgia and a whacked immune system.  Today I received a phone call with an offer to do something absolutely amazing - and my literal thought process was like watching a ping pong match.  

Yes, no, yes, no..... and the ball goes long.... YES, no, yes, no, yes no.

I find myself wanting to post something on Facebook about how hard it can be to make decisions that could impact my health, my family, my finances, and most importantly --- what I feel God calling me to do.  I am dumbfounded that as a Christian, one of my go-to avenues for answers is Facebook.  What the heck?!?!?  What does that say about my level of faith?

As soon as I got off the phone I prayed and sat still.  I asked God to make His will for my life to be so obvious that the next step that I should take is more clear than a blue circle on the mat of a Twister game.  
My second go-to was scripture.  
My third ... my sweet husband.  

And then there's that ridiculous draw to Facebook.  

Dear Moose,
You do not need social media or 300+ people to muddy the waters of your decision making process.  Besides, this is between you, God, and your husband.  God will talk to you if you are still enough to listen.  
Love, 
Jen Hatmaker ---> ok not really, but I imagine it's what she would say to me.


You're right "Jen".  I cannot allow Facebook to have this much control of my life.  How on earth did I get here?  Has anyone seen my ruby slippers?  I wanna go home.

1 comment:

Karrie Shew said...

i'm right there with you! i'm trying to declutter this technology cluttered life but it is ohhh so hard. this doesn't make you feel better, but it makes me feel better to know that i'm not the only one who stops myself from running to facebook (most of the time).