11.11.2013

the FedEx t-shirt quilt




This was the largest quilt I have made so far, and it was like a Tetris-lovers dream come true!  The sister of a friend of mine works for FedEx corporate offices in Houston and one of her coworkers is retiring after 35 years with FedEx!  WOW!!!  They contacted me asking if I would be willing to make a large quilt out of gobs of t-shirts that date WAY back to when the company was called Federal Express.  I loved the puzzle-piecing work of figuring out which shirts would go where!

The quilting on this particular quilt is something I am particularly proud of.  In the picture you can see the tiger that I quilted around as well as a plane pulling some stars.  I absolutely LOVE the way t-shirt fabric wrinkles after a wash when I quilt parallel lines across a shirt.  

They loved the way this quilt turned out, and I am so glad!  It definitely took a bit of time and careful planning to ensure I represented all the different logos.  If I remember correctly, there are 66 different shirts in this quilt - AND - three squares were cut out of FedEx pajama bottoms!  

Congratulations on your retirement!

2 comments:

Joy of Unhappiness said...

I LOVE your FED Ex t shirt quilt.
I have a son Who is graduating High school and I want so bad to find someone to make a memory quilt out of all his favorite T shirts! Please let me know if YOU are interested and how much it would cost to make one. I think it would be great for him to take off to College or just keep him warm at home. Thank You

The Moose said...

Hi Joy! If you go visit my business website, we can talk back and forth through my contact form there: www.thecraftymoose.com Looking forward to chatting with you! -- Ann